Volunteer at Holy Innocents
Parents are asked to contribute 25 hours of service per family per year. This could be done through giving your time, donating gift cards, or paying the $300.00 in lieu of the service hours.
We also welcome donations and volunteer hours from supporters in our community, grandparents and alumni.
There are many opportunities to help, including field trips, classroom assistance, office assistance, librarian, book fair, and many others.
Please call the school office at 562-424-1018 for more information about volunteering.
Help at School
- Recess and/or lunch yard duty
- Hot lunch program help
- After-school sports coaches
- Room parents
After-school Care Volunteers
- Help any day Monday through Friday from 3-6 p.m.
Recycling for Dollars
- Save Box Tops and water bottles
- Help with gardening of school grounds (weeding, trimming, clipping, mowing grass)
- Help with electricity and carpentry work
Virtus Training and Fingerprinting
- As required by the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, all volunteers must be fingerprinted and Virtus Trained. A schedule for the Virtus Training is available at virtusonline.org. The closest locations are in the San Pedro Region. Click here for fingerprinting schedules. You may also call or email Mrs.Tamayo for assistance: (562) 424-1018 or secretary@holyinnocentsschlb.
Holy Innocents uses a variety of fundraising activities throughout the year to supplement our operational expenses. We work with several companies to offer parents a variety of opportunities to meet fundraising requirements.